by admin • kai the med spa on February 11, 2013
It can be overwhelming to choose a medical spa. So many choices and so little time!
Most of you get here on the advice of a friend. But we know others arrive from Internet searches, and this post is for you. We want you to help you not only evaluate our services, products, and facilities but also put perspective on your search. Here are a few quick ways to size up a spa to determine which is the best fit for you:
1. Is the website up to date, credible, and useful?
You’ve probably done an Internet search and come up with a long list. When visiting those sites, you’ll know quickly how much care is taken on the look and style. You can look at the list of services and make sure that it covers your interests, location, budget, or any other needs that you might have. If the website isn’t clear on issues such as these, you’ll have to do more research over the phone if you are still interested.
2. What is the style of the spa?
Aesthetics – Is the style corporate, homey, lavish, genteel, welcoming, luxurious, clean, etc.?
Staff – Is the staff qualified and licensed for all treatments and products? Are there in-house specialties in both treatments and products? What sort of training and backgrounds does the staff have? Is there a lot of staff turnover? Is there a medical doctor on staff?
Ownership – Is the owner hands on or hands off? Is it a chain of spas with a corporate attitude or is the owner local and heavily involved in daily operations?
Reputation – Does the spa have reviews online or testimonials or referrals that you can see? Often times, you can discern a reputation from aggregating sites such as Yelp or even Google reviews.
3. What are the offerings?
Rejuvenation – skin health and wellness, high-tech lasers, injectables such as Botox, hair removal, waxing, eyebrow shaping, etc.
Stress Management / Pampering / Healing – massage, tissue therapy, stretching, and others
Products – skincare, cosmetics, medical grade products such as Latisse (prescription-only eyelash enhancer)
Events – parties, seminars, luncheons, promotions
In the end, you’ll have to take inventory of your needs and balance them against location, facilities, staff, and even perhaps price. Here at Kai, we’ll always be happy to show you around our spa and make you comfortable before you commit to anything. We want to make sure that you have a great experience the moment you set foot into our door. Call us or stop in for a free consultation with absolutely no strings attached.
by admin • skincare products on February 7, 2013
A great product we carry is called Nectifirm. It smooths out wrinkles on your neck, and it really works! You can purchase Nectifirm at Kai…come on in and we’ll tell you all about the benefits.
by admin • jane iredale on February 7, 2013
Pucker Up this Valentine’s Day…
For lips that speak volumes, try the ultimate lip gloss – shiny, soothing, protective, and, of course, super sexy!
This brush is awesome to use with every lip product, especially the lip stick and the lip plumper. You know how you can’t roll up the tube anymore, but you see that there is still more left in the barrel of them both? Well, you keep this Jane Iredale retractable brush with you in your purse and then you can use it to get the color from the stick and put it on your lips. Otherwise, you end up tossing out about 1/5 of the tube bc it doesn’t roll up. You can also just use the “sable lip” brush, if you don’t want the retractable one. Come by kai and check this out!
by grace • kai the med spa • Tags: acne, atlanta spa, jane iredale, jane iredale atlanta, Jane Iredale minerals, kai, med spa, medi-facial, mineral makeup, mineral makeup atlanta, Spa in Atlanta, spa sandy springs on February 6, 2012
Why jane iredale minerals are approved and recommended post treatment:
- Broad Spectrum Protection: jane iredale mineral foundations are a chemical free, dry UVA/UVB sun protection.
- Anti-inflammatory, Conceal and Heal: calm and cover redness from facial, chemical peel, waxing or microdermabrasion.
- Weightless: no talc, fillers or pore colging ingredients.
- Pure: no allergic risk due to the purity of minerals.
- Inert: pure minerals will not harbor bacteria.
- Non-comedogenic and oil free
- 5 core products carry Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation.
Skincare features and benefits:
PurePressed Base: best for normal to oily skin, semi-matte finish
- Zinc oxide is anti microbial
- Pomegranate extract: Protects and aids in minimizing UV damage
- Extracts of Sea Minerals – Soothe, Nourishes and Aids in hydration
Amazing Base: best for normal to dry skin, satin/dewy finish
- Pomegranate- Protects and aids in minimizing UV damage
- Extracts of Sea Minerals- Soothe, nourishes and aids in hydration
- COQ10- Helps to reverse the signs of aging and protects
- Hyaluronic Acid – attracts moisture, can hold up to 40 times it weight in water
- Extracts of Sea Minerals – Algae Extracts- Soothes, nourishes and aids in hydration
- White Leaf Extracts – Calms, soothes and protects
- D2O – Refreshing and hydrating
- Balance – Helps to balance out the PH of the skin with Green Tea extract and Tangerine extract
- POMMIST – Hydrates and protects. Pomegranate extract is great for the Environmentally Challenged skin – someone with alot of sun damage or someone with rosacea.
by grace • kai the med spa • Tags: atlanta spa, baby skin, beautiful skin, charity, complimentary, consultation, custom tan, facial, fine lines, kai, kai med spa, kai medical spa, kai medspa, med spa, medspa, microderm, microdermabrasion, silent auction, skin resurfacing, spa, spray tan, tan, What is a medical spa, wrinkles on January 27, 2012
Q. What is a medical spa?
Technically, it means that a medical doctor is involved with the spa. Because the doctor is involved, we are able to offer medical/pharmaceutical grade products and equipment for services. The benefit to our client is that you will get faster results.
Q. How is “kai – the medical spa” different from the other medical spas or even other spas?
There are several factors:
- As the owner, I like to approach everything from the client/employee point of view. In other words, how do I want to be treated in that situation? I always try to put myself in that person’s shoes and then make decisions accordingly.
- Other places may take the vendor rep’s opinions and not actually test out the product. At Kai, we are constantly researching the products and machines out there. First of all, we do that to know if the product/equipment will really deliver what the company claims to deliver. Secondly, if it does provide results and I decide to bring it in, then I want my team to know what to expect because someone or several members of the team have tried it.
- Lastly, educating the public is a big focus of mine. So many people do not know what is true or false. I believe in educating people by offering complimentary consultations. Many times, people know what they want to look like, but do not necessarily know which services or products to use to achieve desired results. I do not feel like anyone should charge to help someone figure that out. Other ways we educate: lunch and learns; evening events that mix learning with wonderful appetizers, networking and wine; etc.
- I believe strongly in giving back and supporting your community. We donate to silent auctions of schools and charity organizations. For a complete listing, please see our charity section on our website: kaimedspa.com
Q. Grace, I am leaving in 2 days to go on a whirlwind romantic weekend and I want to look my best. Any suggestions on spa treatments that will make me look younger in such a short amount of time?
That is not much time, but there is plenty you can do. It really depends on your skin condition, but typically a microdermabrasion is usually a good place to start and see results. This is a breakthrough skin resurfacing treatment that leaves your skin feeling like a baby’s skin. It smoothes fine lines and lifts the dull skin giving you a younger more vibrant look with a warm rosy glow that lasts a full week. You can also do a customized airbrush tan for that “safe” and healthy glow.
My massage (from Sandra) was probably the best that I have had. I greatly enjoyed her technique and professionalism. I will be back! The overall spa experience was excellent!
Sandra’s massage was terrific! Took me to another world. It was so wonderful to just
“BE” for a while. Thank you! C.R.
Alexis Stackhouse celebrated with 9 of her closest friends, her mom and family at Kai – The Medical Spa, Johns Creek on 8/28/10. They enjoyed parafin wax treatments, facials, chair massages, make-up applications/lessons, manicures, Verazanno pizza, birthday cake, punch, popcorn and other snacks. Thank you for a fabulous time!